22.11.12

Catch of the Day - an introduction





















Living in ‘The Pencil’ in Rotterdam next to the Public Library, I consider it to be my bookshelf. I like the quiet atmosphere there, the knowledge that seems to hang in the air, and the common interest of the other ‘bookworms’ visiting there and of course the excitement of not knowing what I’ll find. When I return home with a stack of books, I feel like a fisherman returning from sea with a good catch. In ‘Catch of the Day’ I will share what I caught, and when I have an exceptional fish, or one that tastes really good :-) I will write about it under the heading ‘My Eye On Books’.

A room with a view    ...on books




Ik woon in ‘Het Potlood’ en de Bibliotheek is mijn boekenkast. Ik loop er vaak binnen en laat me verrassen door wat ik tegenkom. Ik vind het een hele fijne plek om te zijn en als ik met een stapeltje boeken weer weg ga, heb ik het bevredigende gevoel, dat een visser moet hebben na een dagje vissen en thuis komt met een goede vangst. Onder het kopje “Catch of the Day”, hou ik zo’n beetje bij wat ik daar opduik en als er iets bij zit, waarvan ik vind: dat is echt te gek, dan belicht ik het in ‘My Eye On Books.


No comments:

Post a Comment